LR3 2005 Upgrade Radio Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conerly

Reaction score
All,

I have a 2005 LR3 SE, purchased new. I have 105000 miles and love the ride! I have had all of the issues and LR has fixed them all with great results. My question is: Has anyone upgraded the 2005 factory to a newer factory unit to get the Bluetooth to work as well as Sirius Radio? If anyone knows better, let me know.

D

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conerly,

This is a change of subject, but I'm curious how the truck has been for the second 50,000 miles for you?

I'm at 49Kish, just about to go past the warrany (I bought an extended)

Have you had any large non-warranty repairs or unexpected issues in the last 50K? Any particular expensive maintenance to tranny or other areas I should be aware of?

On your question...it may be expensive, but I would think you could upgrade to one of the head units from a more recent model year.

Thanks,

-todd

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have been anxiouslyl awaiting a report from a high mileage LR3. Considering buying one instead of leasing and long term reliability has been my only hang up.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha! toddjb, you beat me to it, my first reaction to the post was the same. So, wassup conerly, give us the scoop on the post warranty mileage.

Oh, and about your headset question, yeah yeah, whatever... ha, just kidding Conerly, but i can safely predict right now that this thread will transition into the post warranty mileage experiences. So may i humbly suggest the change of name for the thread to something like, "The hunderd thousand mile question"

I think the headset upgrade, in theory atleast, should not be an issue (I have thought about doing the same for the satellite radio). But then having said that, this vehicle is just too electronic and who knows what modules talks with which one, etc., and that if it may have an effect on other things.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I Has anyone upgraded the 2005 factory to a newer factory unit to get the Bluetooth to work as well as Sirius Radio? If anyone knows better, let me know.

D
This is not a simple "swap".
Cars w/ factory Sirius have a different chassis harness for the system and a different antenna harness. The receiver module is different as well as a different # for the head. Looking all of this up, after I hit 3K in parts, I bailed, because labor to install is going to be just as bad. I guess if you had a pile of money or a totalled Sirius eq car, you could go to town.
Bluetooth is a seperate system, and to retro the factory components is pretty pricey as well to install a "factory install" bluetooth. The Bluetooth PTI kit by Land Rover is as close to factory as you can get w/ out stripping the interior a bit again.
As you said, if it has been done I'd be interested to know the details.

conerly

Reaction score
Thanks for the update

Thanks for the info... I was thinking it might get pricey. As for the new post..gotcha.. I will post with new thread

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins