LR3 accessory help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bkoshy

anybody tried to buy the side steps [email protected]
i am getting my lr3 next week..not sure if i should get the mud flaps and the side steps dealer installed.
how does the side steps look ??????????????/ anybody...

T

toddjb123

i'm getting them installed now so i'll post some pictures when they're up. (got the black side step tubes on a tonga). search in this forum, someone posted a picture a few weeks ago as well.

i put them on my last truck myself, but in true land rover fashion :) it sounded too much of a pain to do it myself. i think the retail on the bar was around $800 (?) and installation was $400! I considered buying it online, but by the time i added on shipping it wasn't that much cheaper than the dealer. and here is the clincher for me...

ANY accessories you buy from land rover when you accept delivery are covered by your land rover warranty. that was worth it for me. i find step bars always rust out on me (a couple beach trips a year is all it takes) so the warranty was nice. so, with the warrany deal i ordered most of the accessories i wanted from the dealer.

oh, on the install, it sounds like a bit of a pain. you have to take off the side body panel, lay it out next to the bar and make sure the holes line up...sounds like some drilling/cutting/fitting...not as easy as my last one which was a bolt on, but maybe you have better tools and more time than me!

-todd

F

Freeflytim

I bought my mudflaps from them and got them in 10 days. I don't know who they are, but I didn't get screwed.

My advice- If you can handle a screwdriver, save the money and get the flaps from them. If you do, I have a couple of tips. Its easy tho.

Regarding the sidesteps- WAIT until you get the truck. Get to love the design before you change it. Trust me. Unless you're short, Sidesteps are only bling-bling.

Oh yeah.. AWESOME you're getting your DS3/LR3 next week! Your gonna love it!

-TIM
Tennessee USA

bkoshy said:
anybody tried to buy the side steps [email protected]
i am getting my lr3 next week..not sure if i should get the mud flaps and the side steps dealer installed.
how does the side steps look ??????????????/ anybody...

T

toddjb123

Just got mine back from the dealer. These are poor cell phone pictures on a rainy day, but you get the idea. I also have the flaps. Nice thing is they are low profile and hopefully won't get pulled off too easily by off-roading (they are not as long as some flaps, which is nice).

5cln6f.jpg

5clp3m.jpg

For me, the bar was "bling." I like the look of them. They do provide some step assistance and should be good for roof loading. However, they do not have inset steps. They are also very close to the body which is again nice since any effect on ground clearance is very minimal.

T

texas911

I've ordered from them, the side molding and mud flaps. Both easy to install, but the rear flaps are a bit complicated, you'll need either a short screwdriver or a 90 degree one. Both items came factory new and are genuine parts.

O

obaltuch

Side Steps

Hi,

I have the side steps on my Tonga HSE and they work quite nicely.
I originally wanted them to be able to keep rocks from bouncing into
the bottoms of the doors as well as to keep people from opening their
doors directly into the side of my Landy. There was almost no cost to
the side steps as they were a negotiated add-on. :)

Cheers,

Oliver

ps. They also help when I'm putting surfboards on the roof rack.

B

bkoshy

Hi Guys,
I Decided To Go With The Dealer For The Mud Flap And The Side Step Installation. Cost Me $ 1100.00.
The Dealer Included This Into The Lease Price. I Do Feel That I Paid A Lot....but Too Late.
Thanx For All The Replies.

T

toddjb123

bkoshy - you got a great deal on that. Although I was able to squeeze a couple accessories and some trade-in cash from my dealer, they pretty much didn't budge on my HSE since they move off the lots so quickly.

With retail prices and installation I paid $1500 for the same. (flaps and bars installed)

B

bkoshy

toddjb123- thanx for the reply. looks like i got a good deal. picking up my car in 2 days..
is the car really as good as people write here ???????????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99