LR3 Body Panels & Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the LR3's stock exhaust is stainless? Also, I came across a listing for a used stock hood and it indicated that it is aluminum? I presume the balance of the sheet metal is galvonized? Just wondering.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood is plastic w/some metal braces. The rest of the body is some galvanized metal alloy. The only rusting is from the inside/underside....

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all ,exhaust is not stainless,second of all, hood IS aluminum as well as rear tailgate.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the LR3's stock exhaust is stainless? Also, I came across a listing for a used stock hood and it indicated that it is aluminum? I presume the balance of the sheet metal is galvonized? Just wondering.

The hood is 100% aluminum as the tailgate. So if you get an dent you wont be able to repair it the traditional way, drill hole and pull, since it will rip the material. A new hood is about $1600 new and good luck finding a used one in good shape. I just had my hood replaced after hitting Bambi. The exhaust is NOT ss. We can only wish, but it will cost us an additional $6000.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the all SS aftermarket exhausts for around $1,200, lifetime guarantee. Seems like the way to go. I am wondering if anyone on LRW has had to replace an exhaust yet on their LR3?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood is plastic?!? I sure as hell hope not. Maybe the letters are plastic on the front.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice deal on these parts. I love the disclaimer "Not Stolen".

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in an area where they use salt or a chemical to melt the snow, you might consider an SS system, but really, the aluminized is fine for most applications.

J.D.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in an area where they use salt or a chemical to melt the snow, you might consider an SS system, but really, the aluminized is fine for most applications.

J.D.

Agreed. I am in Michigan though and they put a lot of salt on the roads here in the winter. Not quite sure what "aluminized" means. A coating I suppose. My system looks fairly good overall, what I am mostly concerned about are the joints and hangers. Those look to have more than just surface rust. I am wondering if there is some proactive steps i can take to slow down any more corrosion in those areas. Clean them up and use some sort of high temp paint or something? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99