LR3 central locking failed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cafet100

Reaction score
Neither key locks or unlocks the vehicle so the car can no longer be locked. The physical key will not lock the vehicle so it seems a module has failed. Any ideas?

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the section of the manual covering the central locking system, hope this helps.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    747.7 KB · Views: 100

Mohamed rafic

Reaction score
I have smart key not found message in display
Also another problem for sunroof
How to solve the problem?
I attached the error code images
Please guide me
Thanks

Screenshot_20200901-070754_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-173624_Drive.jpg

20200828_135244.jpg

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you only have 1 key I would guess it's battery is dead. There are other posts on forums where that code is related to the battery or trying to start the car with the key fob elsewhere. If you have two keys it's simple enough to try the other key. My LR3 has the battery soldered to the circuit board so to replace it requires skills at soldering. If your fob is not the original it may have a battery you can replace easily enough. If not I'm sure there is an electronics shop locally that would do it for you. First step is searching for "LR4 Key Fob battery replacement". And another FYI, your on the LR3 forum and that looks like an LR4 gauge cluster. Maybe I'm mistaken...

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also bet on dead fob battery, if the following still work for you:

1. can you manually lock or unlock using the key slot under the removable driver's door handle panel?
2. can you still start the LR3?

If so, cheap DIY fix (you tubes has videos)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM