LR3-engine just shut down while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stl8grey

Reaction score
Oh, we are going to figure it out. I own a Peterbilt 379. Thing would go nuts at times going up a hill. Had it on the CAT machine and wouldn't register any issues. We pulled injectors, swapped turbos etc. Turned out to be the harness inside the valve covers. Though, even on the bench that harness tested good. Never know.

stl8grey

Reaction score
According to the dealer LR012280 goes on the fuel rail. LR015356 goes on the fuel line from the tank. Both are just listed as Fuel Pressure Sensors.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, we are going to figure it out. I own a Peterbilt 379. Thing would go nuts at times going up a hill. Had it on the CAT machine and wouldn't register any issues. We pulled injectors, swapped turbos etc. Turned out to be the harness inside the valve covers. Though, even on the bench that harness tested good. Never know.

Would love to hear an update- hoping you’re all cured of stalling woes!

stl8grey

Reaction score
No update. The different battery did not produce any change. Going thru the wiring this weekend

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a common problem with the LR3 harness is present on the passenger side floor area, especially if your cowl leaks - I would probably try checking all connections and then pull the carpet on the passenger side and see if you couldn't find anything there...

stl8grey

Reaction score
No change even with 2nd toothbrush cleaning. Our issue is an instant shutoff. No stumble at all. We will be mid turn out into the intersection and it just shuts off. The rail pressure sensor LR012280 has yet to arrive so I'd be grateful if that solved the mystery. I do doubt it though. We unplugged the MAP and MAF sensors and it ran. It ran rough, yet never shut off. One never knows.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No change even with 2nd toothbrush cleaning. Our issue is an instant shutoff. No stumble at all. We will be mid turn out into the intersection and it just shuts off. The rail pressure sensor LR012280 has yet to arrive so I'd be grateful if that solved the mystery. I do doubt it though. We unplugged the MAP and MAF sensors and it ran. It ran rough, yet never shut off. One never knows.

Dang. Do you have a gap tool? Live values might help you see something irregular. Hopefully rail pressure sensor is it.

stl8grey

Reaction score
It has been on a shop scope/scanner already. No codes at time of shut down. I did buy a hand held scanner/code reader with live data. I personally do not see anything that jumps out. Fuel pressure is great. We shall see what happens once new sensor is swapped. Maybe it is a dirty seatbelt strap in the 3rd row lol.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been on a shop scope/scanner already. No codes at time of shut down. I did buy a hand held scanner/code reader with live data. I personally do not see anything that jumps out. Fuel pressure is great. We shall see what happens once new sensor is swapped. Maybe it is a dirty seatbelt strap in the 3rd row lol.
That was my next guess! Lol. Check the flux capacitor already?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72