LR3 Exterior Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb907

Reaction score
I am having an intermittent problem with the outside rearview mirrors on my 06 LR3.

I have the dip on reverse feature turned on. On three occasions when I put the vehicle into reverse, the driver side mirror rotated up and the passenger side mirror did not move at all. I have found two “work-arounds”. The first is to shut the LR3 off for about 5 minuets and then restart the vehicle. The second method is to shift into park and press the memory recall button. After the memory is re-selected, the mirror dip feature appears to operate correctly.

The failures have all occurred first thing in the morning after the vehicle has been sitting for 12 hours. In addition, this is the second memory module on the vehicle. The original memory module was replaced when the mirrors would not return to their original position.

Any insight on the cause or potential fix of this mirror issue?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the first memory module they replaced was also defective. LRNA just last month issued a TSB for owners of RRS/LR3 having intermittent problems with dipped mirrors - the great majority of us I fear, particularly if you have both Lazy Entry and dipped mirrors enabled. It involves replacement of the seat memory module. I posted a copy of the TSB on a RRS forum: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16341 If your VIN is within range you may get yet another module replaced indeed...

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I had the module replaced for the 2nd time. Also, reprogrammed the computer. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4