Lr3 HSE clicking noise on front wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actual front lower control arms can be had for about 225 each new. Some people have done it themselves. I use a good indy, way cheaper.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go to the dealer for a few reasons.

1. I don't have the time, tools or patience to do it myself.
2. In general, the dealer is going to be best equipped to do it.
3. If the dealer screws up, I feel fine taking them to task on it. A small indy talking directly with someone's dad trying to pay the bills...maybe I feel guilty making them re-do the work for free or otherwise compensate me for a job not-so-well-done. I guess I'm paying for more recourse.

RoverMike

Reaction score
I think they're around $1400 but it varies from state to state and shop to shop. Also, that quote is for the replacement of the entire control arm (recommended) as opposed to just doing the bushing.

$1,400.00 just for one or for all 4 and im in Texas do u think its still around the same price

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1400 for both front lowers...can't comment on the rates in TX.

Tirewall

Reaction score
Clicking Noise

Just bought new lower control arms for my 2005 LR3 at the dealer for $300 per arm. I planned to change them myself. The truck has 176,000 miles. The control arm bolts would not budge. I spent 2 hours trying to dislodge them but no luck. I put her back together and had a local muffler shop change them. They had to use a torch, broke their arm hammer bit, and had to replace the bolts. It took them 4 hours. Glad I gave up before getting in too deep. They charged me $400 for the change and a front end alignment. (the owner is a friend). My advice is to change the control arms instead of trying to do the bushings and have someone with a lift, a torch and plenty of time to tackle this one. She is tight as a drum now!

Tirewall
Northfield, CT

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No such thing as a front end alignment per sea on these. You need a computerize 4 wheel alignment. I let the dealer do that one... I would fully expect you need to change the rear ones, and the roll bar bushings as well.

Did you buy new OE bolts. I wouldn't want just any bolt thrown on the vehicle.

There are some Excellent videos on this youtube channel. They show how to check things, identify sounds, and so on... check all his LR videos, they are great... Scroll about halfway down the page to the LR videos.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99