LR3 Radio Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

captgww

I just picked up my new '05 LR3 and need to remove the radio for a Parrot installation. How do I do it? No slots like the Disco II. Thanks,

Captgww

L

lacarruk1

captgww said:
I just picked up my new '05 LR3 and need to remove the radio for a Parrot installation. How do I do it? No slots like the Disco II. Thanks,

Captgww

I hope you picked up the new Parrot 3200 LS Color instead of the CK3100. It is a beauty. The plastic piece around the entire instrument cluster actually pops off and gives you access to the screws which hold the radio in. There is a PHONE MODE on the radio which you wire the Parrot MUTE cable to. You will most likely have to go external speaker as the LR3 is fiber optics and not compatible unless you wire your PArrot thru the Amplifier. This requires a pro who knows what he is doing. I opted for an external speaker.

C

captgww

LR3 Radio, Bluetooth Phone

The speakers for the cheaper radio in an '05 LR3 are fibreoptic? So much for the simple Parrot installation!

C

captgww

LR3 Radio removal

I just looked at my '05 and can't figure what plastic trim comes off or where you start prying. Any better instructions??
Thanks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic all around the center section; it's fairly large. It's a bit hard to explain. Grab the back of the plastic and pull, probably starting at the bottom. I think 4 clips hold it down.

T

toddjb123

2 questions;

What is a Parrot?
Exactly what wiring is fiber optic in the LR3?

Thanks!

C

captgww

Parrot is the brand name for a series of bluetooth, hands free, cell phone auto kits. Google them and you can find their web site. I've used the 3000 and the 3100, which I';m trying to reinstall in my new LR3. It worked great in the Disco II. The beauty of these kits is the ease of installation. They plug into the rear of most radios and then utilize those power supplies and the in-car speakers.

If anyone has better details about removing the LR3 radio, please let me know. I'm stymied.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You still can't get the plastic surround off? It really just pulls off!

I'm not familar with the "base" stereo. On the higher trims, the amplifier is connected over the MOST bus which is fibre optic. There is nothing you can plug into. On these trims, there is only a connection that will "mute" the stereo for you while your kit is in use... so installers tend to use a separate speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

captgww

grommet said:
You still can't get the plastic surround off? It really just pulls off!

I'm not familar with the "base" stereo. On the higher trims, the amplifier is connected over the MOST bus which is fibre optic. There is nothing you can plug into. On these trims, there is only a connection that will "mute" the stereo for you while your kit is in use... so installers tend to a separate speaker.
Grommet
Where is the mute connection on the base stereo?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635