LR3 Sun Shade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick52

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to fix the middle roof sun shade. The latch opens when you hit any bump. Mine has done this since it was new.

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to fix the middle roof sun shade. The latch opens when you hit any bump. Mine has done this since it was new.

I've never encountered this with mine. Sorry about that, sounds frustrating.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem too when I first got my LR3. But, figured out that I just needed to close the latch all the way. When you first close the shade, the latch catches, making you think that it actually is locked. But, if you try to push the latch further, it'll actually stay locked. Try it first and see if it works.

Good luck.

V

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that problem from day one. During first maintenance visit, I mentioned it to service manager and actually he finished my sentence. Seems to be a very common problem. Not sure what they did but they sure fixed the problem. Never had that problem again.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer in DE. There is only one in DE. Maybe you can give them a call and get a suggestion.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the fix is to drive with the shade open.

drstan

Reaction score
There is a TSB that applies to this and in reading it is for the second row sunshade. Here is the header from the TSB

TECHNICAL BULLETIN No: LTB00084
Glass Roof Panel Blind Difficult to Latch – Repair Procedure
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
LR3 (LA) VIN: 5A000303 – Onwards
Model Year: 2005 - Onwards

:
GLASS ROOF PANEL BLIND DIFFICULT TO LATCH
Situation: LR3 customers may experience a glass roof panel blind that is difficult to latch.
Action: Should a customer have the above concern, follow the inspection and repair procedure outlined below.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that problem several times and the dealer replaces the "latch" very common they told me. NOW if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to stop them from rattling (without removing them permanently) . Dealer will stop the rattling for a short time, but it always comes back. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99