LR3 Tent Accessory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have the LR3 tent accessory?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger.

I like the fact that I can sleep in the rover on an air mattress vs on the ground outside.

Thanks!

P

PCH

Echoes said:
Does anyone out there have the LR3 tent accessory?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger.

I like the fact that I can sleep in the rover on an air mattress vs on the ground outside.

Thanks!

Is this what LR call the "Day Tent". If it is then it's not much of a tent with walls missing on it.

Sounds like you should buy a proper tent and I'm sure it will cost far less and be easier to assemble.

Chris

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its pretty easy to sleep in the back w/o the tent since the bed is so long and the seats fold true flat. Only issue is you need airflow and if you are in a buggy environment they'll come and get ya! Anyone have a good method for securing mosquito netting over sunroof or windows? I've needed that a few times....

L

LR3_Magic

I purchased the "day tent" and have used it a couple of times. No floor and somewhat a handfull to put up and take down with just one person. Hard to get compressed back small enough to fit into case it came with. All ready had a tent to sleep in so was more interested in something to use for day outings which it does.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go camping 3 to 4 times a summer. I never had an suv, until my LR3 and the last time I went I tried to set up a tent in wind driven pouring rain, not to mention sleep in it that night with a tarp overhead all the while trying to stay dry while water rushed through the camp site. What a mess!

I liked the idea of sleeping inside the rover. There is more than enough room to sleep in there.

The bugs is another issue, but the roof is glass and you can still see the stars!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Anyone have a good method for securing mosquito netting over sunroof or windows? I've needed that a few times...."

Just the obvious, I've made my own little window screens for the rear windows before. They work great...the mosquitos that I trap inside can never get out!

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this, not sure if they would do an LR3, but it looks pretty cool
http://www.skreenz.com/

I think the netting is cheap enough if you bought a large mosquito net, designed to be draped over a large bed for example. You could drape it across the top of the car and over the windows. but it would need to be fastened down somehow or the wind will blow it away. It might be better to get a smaller piece of mosquito netting just to cover one or two windows, and get some small magnets to hold it to the car.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JJABKW said:
Here is a less expensive alternative:http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20143&hasJS=true
I believe that it can also be used as a stand alone.

That is cool! The perfect solution in my opinion. Regular tent, or when you back your truck in, great place for all your gear! You can even play the LR3 radio while you go to sleep. If you didn't know, the LR3 has a built in sleep timer on the radio!!! Instead of a safety shutoff, you just play the radio for about 90 minutes and then the battery goes dead and the radio quietly shuts down for the night...
:goodnight:

...and a great way to get the blood flowing in the morning is by walking around the campground with a set of jumper cables! That's not a bug, that's a FEATURE!
:biggrin:

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post guys! That's awesome, and I am going to go with that instead!

Happy camping everyone:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99