LR3 Used Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bishop

Reaction score
Would like to hear from others who have purchased a used LR3. Things to look out for. I am looking at a 06 or 07 to take some of the sting out of the sticker price. Obviously a CarFax. I haven't seen much on head gasket leaks with the LR3. I know the Disco's had goofy things like the elect window assembly...which break after about 2 yrs of use...front diff issues. Anyway....thoughts??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum....

Not sure what issues with window assybly's or front diffs on the Discos you have heard, but my 97 Disco that I have owned for 5 years and has over 140k has not window or diff issues. But hey I have heard it all on other vehicles as well.

Bishop

Reaction score
Thanks

Joey, Thanks for the information. I was pricing parts (alt. brake rotors pads, etc.) and started a discussion with a guy from British Pacific. He had all these stories...and I hear this all the time from guys that won't...er.. can't change oil...let alone do anything else mechanical. Anyway...there's a phobia on Land Rover that I'm trying to understand. I've had Fiat's and pre-1980's Audi. I would dare say these represent some significant mechanical nighmares. But really, I found it was understanding what to maintain...vs. true blunders. Now that I am talking with real owners, I am finding that there are repairs...but nothing extra ordinary. Oh yeah, I am sure there are lemons. But every vehicle made has these. Thanks again.

:hello:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99