LR3 When it rains it pours inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olgam1963

Reaction score
Everytime it rains it pours inside my 2006 LR3 . I have taken it inbefore to unclog the moonroof and it seems now the problem is worse. I hear like a slushing sound when I brake. It is mainly on the passenger side front only. Help
Olga

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been cases of the a pillar trim connectors leaking. IIRC, the connectors/snaps have a tiny gasket and that helps seal the whole where the connector goes in. Also, check your cabin filter. See if it is wet or not.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not a new issue. Clogged drains are most likely the cause. If it's a 2006 and you've never had this issue before, it is most likely just clogged with pollen or the like. Fix it and problem goes away.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's wet on the front right floor, I'd guess it's the windshield cowling. Search cowling and you will find a fix. At first I thought it was the sunroof causing my problem, but I put a shield over the air inlet under the cowling and it's been fine since. Takes 1/2 hour or less and a $.50 flashing aluminum flashing from the hardware store.

er1c

Reaction score
Roverman, if the water is coming in through his cabin air filter ingress--- underneath the front windshield plenum, the solution isn't to block the ingress off.

You don't want water pooling under there--- as you have the windshield wiper motor electrical wiring/connector two feet away.

I would check to see if it's his A-pillar trim that has one of its clips loose? To pull off the A-pillar trim, all you need to do is grab it firmly on each side, and pull outwards. Each A-pillar has 5-clips. It uses the same clips that your windshield plenum uses.

Land Rover has a "kit" with 10 clips & two velcro pieces (enough for both A-pillars). The part number is (DHB500400 - KIT, REPAIR KIT, 'FITS TO "A" PILLAR'). It's about $12.

-------

If the aforementioned isn't the cause, then it's the sunroof drainage tubes.

There's a write-up over at Disco3; here's the link: disco3[dot]co[dot]uk/forum/topic22757.html

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is a repeat of other posts but here are a few things to consider.

1) sunroof drains need to be clear because they block pretty easily eventually - sounds like you've had those blown clear

2) the ****** a the end of the drain tubes need modification to make sure that they do indeed drain. My dealer did this as a matter of course when (1) happened.

3) I had the trim on the windscreen replaced because eventually it'll warp and provide an ingress point for water.

All the above on '05 LR3 HSE.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9