LR4 Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with covering their LR4 with a car cover (preferably an OEM one). I have been biking to work, so my LR4 sits outside (sadly no garage room right now - plus it won't ever fit) all day.

I have been thinking about maybe covering my new one (when it arrives) with an OEM or good aftermarket cover? I just don't know if it's a good idea - does it ruin the clear coat over time (if it's windy)? Is it a major pain in the butt to put on?

I'd love to hear people's thoughts and experiences.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will definitely put fine scratches in the clear. It would also have to be the size of a house and take up half your trunk, lol.

I'd just protect it from UV with some good product and sun shades in the front glass. If you keep it protected it shouldn't do too badly. Plus it will be white, which is the perfect color for sitting outside.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used many on my other vehicles, car and cover must stay clean or they will leave some light scuff marks on a black car, but they always worked well and protected better than nothing and the marks came off easily. I always used the "evolution-technalon" fabric covers.

The largest cover I put on was for an Audi A8 and in big wind it was a bit of a bear to handle - height of the LR4 might make it a two person job.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will definitely put fine scratches in the clear. It would also have to be the size of a house and take up half your trunk, lol.

I'd just protect it from UV with some good product and sun shades in the front glass. If you keep it protected it shouldn't do too badly. Plus it will be white, which is the perfect color for sitting outside.
That's what I am thinking. I use a good UV protectant now and the sun shade almost all the time (which is awesome), so my car looks new even after 2.5 years. Plus since the new truck will be white, that does help! :)

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a space in my garage for it..... ;)

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the OEM cover in the summer as I end up using my garage space to work on other projects. It works well, holds up nicely to rain and dust/pollen. It's not completely waterproof, but very close.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting...

Being around $260 or more, and not being waterproof, plus not sure if it will work on my '16 due to the sideview mirrors' design change '14 onwards, I am a little reluctant in investing in the OEM one.

Any alternatives which are waterproof and perhaps have a softer inside layer to prevent scratches?

Also, what UV protectant are you guys using? Any OEM ones offered?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635