LR4 Lux Limited Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover announced this today. Looks like it will replace the Metropolis. Not so wild about the silver grill surround, but really wish the seat color was an option on all LR4s.

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/lr4-hse-luxury/limited-edition/
Hey Hoyas06,

I was just reading that as well. I like the seat color option, as I have always wished the LR4 had more seating options/trim colors like the RR and RRS. It seems like it's basically a Lux edition with a few extras.

I am definitely NOT a fan of that grill surround!

-David

avus9

Reaction score
Just another example of how McGovern is ruining Land Rover. Chrome belongs on a Cadillac or Infiniti - not on a Land Rover.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the grill either. The only exterior update that I've actual liked in these one-off editions are the metropolis wheels. I like the black shading, especially with a dark color lr4, IMO.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can do better

I am not that impressed. It looks nice but nothing that makes me go "whoa".

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they may be trying to cater to people who want the luxury and exclusivity of a RR with a third row seat. By adding "limited" to the name and making a few esthetic changes, and jacking the price up a few grand they are hoping to attract those people.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they may be trying to cater to people who want the luxury and exclusivity of a RR with a third row seat. By adding "limited" to the name and making a few esthetic changes, and jacking the price up a few grand they are hoping to attract those people.
I agree. I do love the black, but this is basically a Metropolis addition with a few chrome accents. I am still up in the air about that U-shaped grill wrap-around. Sometimes I hate it and sometimes I like it. It's a bit distracting. Personally, I prefer to see some nice off-road limited editions released and stick to that heritage and not the urban pavement crawler.

In a way I am glad I am not blown away because I'd want to buy it immediately. LOL.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks alright and definitely caters to the luxury/bling segment of the customer base. I'd guess it's somewhere in the $65k range? For that kind of money there are other options to consider

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I do love the black, but this is basically a Metropolis addition with a few chrome accents. I am still up in the air about that U-shaped grill wrap-around. Sometimes I hate it and sometimes I like it. It's a bit distracting. Personally, I prefer to see some nice off-road limited editions released and stick to that heritage and not the urban pavement crawler.

In a way I am glad I am not blown away because I'd want to buy it immediately. LOL.

The surround grill would look better if it were black. The biggest disappoinment with the metropolis edition is that is has no memory seats and other optiions available in the Lux. I was strongly considering a white metropolis, but the lack of memory seats for that price tag made go for the Lux.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99