LR4 Lux Limited Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The surround grill would look better if it were black. The biggest disappoinment with the metropolis edition is that is has no memory seats and other optiions available in the Lux. I was strongly considering a white metropolis, but the lack of memory seats for that price tag made go for the Lux.
I agree 100% I remember the sales guy telling me that the Metropolis Edition was never a big seller because it did not contain some of the Lux features. It seems as though this has all the features.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I do love the black, but this is basically a Metropolis addition with a few chrome accents. I am still up in the air about that U-shaped grill wrap-around. Sometimes I hate it and sometimes I like it. It's a bit distracting. Personally, I prefer to see some nice off-road limited editions released and stick to that heritage and not the urban pavement crawler.

In a way I am glad I am not blown away because I'd want to buy it immediately. LOL.
That would be awesome if LR provided an offroad edition. Heck, I would take some offroad wheel options that fits over our brakes and was 18" diameter.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome if LR provided an offroad edition. Heck, I would take some offroad wheel options that fits over our brakes and was 18" diameter.
Hey ougrad1,

Definitely! The trend seems to be going more and more toward on-road luxury. In some ways I see the marketing scenario there as that is where most LR owners spend their time. Plus, LR has to compete with other larger SUV luxury segments. It would be awesome to offer a G4 Limited Edition or something that comes with a few off-road accessories stock. As for the 18 inch wheels - definitely a given. Speaking of wheels, not to derail on the conversation, but I was considering buying the 18 inch wheels from Comptomotive in the UK, as they are the ONLY 18 inch wheels that can fit over our brakes. A few people on this forum have made the upgrade and they look awesome (especially the black). For now, until I decide if I am keeping the truck long-term, I am sticking with the 19 inch wheels and probably going with Pirelli Scorption ATR tires (255/55/R19). Though, I am still up in the air :)

-David

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ougrad1,

Definitely! The trend seems to be going more and more toward on-road luxury. In some ways I see the marketing scenario there as that is where most LR owners spend their time. Plus, LR has to compete with other larger SUV luxury segments. It would be awesome to offer a G4 Limited Edition or something that comes with a few off-road accessories stock. As for the 18 inch wheels - definitely a given. Speaking of wheels, not to derail on the conversation, but I was considering buying the 18 inch wheels from Comptomotive in the UK, as they are the ONLY 18 inch wheels that can fit over our brakes. A few people on this forum have made the upgrade and they look awesome (especially the black). For now, until I decide if I am keeping the truck long-term, I am sticking with the 19 inch wheels and probably going with Pirelli Scorption ATR tires (255/55/R19). Though, I am still up in the air :)

-David

Hey David,

You and I are in the same boat with our LR as I'm consider getting rid of my LR4 late this year/early next year. If I don't and decide to keep it, those compmotive wheels will be my next upgrade along with some sliders and a rooftop tent. Im holding off on any offroading trips this year to avoid and damage from user error just incase I do sell.

One thought to consider is cooper tires is releasing their ltz zeons in our 19" wheel size and some of my LR club members say those tires are very good for offroad and onroad performance.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

You and I are in the same boat with our LR as I'm consider getting rid of my LR4 late this year/early next year. If I don't and decide to keep it, those compmotive wheels will be my next upgrade along with some sliders and a rooftop tent. Im holding off on any offroading trips this year to avoid and damage from user error just incase I do sell.

One thought to consider is cooper tires is releasing their ltz zeons in our 19" wheel size and some of my LR club members say those tires are very good for offroad and onroad performance.
Hey ougrad1,

You can definitely do a bit of off-roading and not worry about damage. I certainly don't do anything crazy or *********. But, you never know what can happen! :)

Thanks for the tip about the Cooper LTZ Zeons - did not realize they were coming out in 255/55R19 form! I heard they are great tires as well. I am going to have to look into that option and timing. Thanks!

-David

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So nobody has looked into replacing the rotors with lr3 sized rotors?

There are even Brembo lr3 size rotors that are better than oem in terms of life and cost.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4