LR4 Outside Temperature Sensor Too Slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon

Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 HSE and now that it's really cold in Wisconsin I've noticed that the outside temperature sensor is very slow to respond. I park in the garage overnight and when I start the vehicle it shows about 45 degrees which is about right. When I drive to work (about 10 minutes) it drops about 1-2 degrees a minute and shows about 15-20 degrees when I get to work. Problem is, that it's more like zero outside. Dealership said it reads correctly so it's fine. I've owned several vehicles and have driven 3 other Land Rover loaners and all have reacted much faster. Anyone else experienced this???

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does take a few minutes. When it's freezing outside (I live in Southern California, so my definition of freezing is definitely a bit looser than yours... Let's say 37 degrees), it takes about 5 to 10 minutes of driving from my warm garage - temperature in the mid 50s even during the coldest days - before I get the "Ding!" and snowflake warning on the dash of my 2006 RRS. If the real temperature was zero outside I imagine it may take a few minutes longer still (also, I'd move elsewhere, pronto. :biggrin:) Have only had my 2013 LR4 for a few weeks so I haven't quite had a chance to notice if the ext. temperature display reacts any faster than that, but it looks about the same to me.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about the same on my other cars, Lexus and Infiniti. Takes awhile to become close to correct.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Waukesha WI and the temp. reading on my 2010 LR4 is about right within a mile of driving. Did not noticed any problems with my wife's LR2 either.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. My BMW's & Porsches always adjusted within a couple of minutes, often seeing the temperature drop every few seconds as I drove away. I complained about my V70R and my Grand Cherokee taking too long and that took only a couple more minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112