Lr4 second auxiliary battery size and model.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have an intermittent on and off issue on eco mode. I bring my secondary battery to be tested to a couple of stores around and they told me the same thing. The battery is damaged. My LR still on warranty but I don’t trust them because they spurs your car to trying to avoid warranty service.
Anyway, I want to replace the battery (the small one) becasue I am afraid the alternator try to charge the battery and get damage because of extra work, but is a pain find it.
Does anyone changed it by yourself and know the size or model of the battery or where I can find it? Or do I have any other choice rather than stick on the same battery?
I do appreciate any input on this matter.

Thank you in advance and have a good one to all of you.

Felix

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix, great timing. A couple weeks ago, my eco mode unavailable light started coming on and then going off intermittently. Being a bit over three years old, I thought it may be a problem with the "motorcycle battery" used for the eco start/stop system. The battery would not take a charge or even respond to the recondition function using a smart charger (NOCO Genius G7200), so my diagnosis is the battery needs to be replaced. I am under warranty so made an appointment for this Thursday...but what do you mean about "...spurs your car to trying to avoid warranty service."?

I assume the battery can be replaced the same group number; although I have not checked. If nobody else chimes in soon I can remove the cover and see if I can make out any numbers on the battery.

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I’m considering that option to bring my LR to the dealer for warranty. But when I said spur, I mean they look trough your vehicle to find something that they can point on to avoid give you a warranty service. At least in my personal situation, I had a couple of issues with my dealership at Clearwater where they blame for things that doesn’t have to be with the issue to avoid give warranty service but that’s another topic.
But back on track if I can find this, like you said, that’s was really good, "motorcycle battery" on my own I will replace it without going to the dealer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM