LR4 single speed transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
Hi there. I am Felix. I'm new here and I don't know if this question is already posted but here I go. I bough a Lr4 HSE 2016 2 months ago and I realize that this truck has a single speed transfer case. I called the dealer asking about this because for me is another AWD car. And I was looking for a 4x4 vehicle like my LR3 SE that I had. That one had 2 speed transfer case and rear lock differencial. My question to you, guys, does anyone know about the performance of the single speed transfer? Is this another AWD or is a real 4x4?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From (the rest can correct me) 2015 on, if you didn't order the HD package you only got a single speed transfer case.
Before that the HD package only included the rear locking Diff. my 2011 does not have the HD package, but does have the 2 speed transfer case (standard equipment in the states).

I do know at a few of the Meets/LR Gatherings last year there were a few 2016 without the HD package that kept getting stuck, by experienced LR instructors. A lot of this of this had to do with tires, but i have a feeling the lack of a low range transfer case didn't help.

Unfortunately LR has decided that the Discovery (All models) line is a soccer mom's vehicle in stock form, and requires the buyer to option out the vehicle to get the various off road goodies we have come accustomed to having.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately LR has decided that the Discovery (All models) line is a soccer mom's vehicle in stock form, and requires the buyer to option out the vehicle to get the various off road goodies we have come accustomed to having.

A sad and bitter truth... LR should have sent the LR4 off with dignity by installing 2-speed t-cases on all units, but nooopppeee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM