LR4 single speed transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
Hi there. I am Felix. I'm new here and I don't know if this question is already posted but here I go. I bough a Lr4 HSE 2016 2 months ago and I realize that this truck has a single speed transfer case. I called the dealer asking about this because for me is another AWD car. And I was looking for a 4x4 vehicle like my LR3 SE that I had. That one had 2 speed transfer case and rear lock differencial. My question to you, guys, does anyone know about the performance of the single speed transfer? Is this another AWD or is a real 4x4?

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I am Felix. I'm new here and I don't know if this question is already posted but here I go. I bough a Lr4 HSE 2016 2 months ago and I realize that this truck has a single speed transfer case. I called the dealer asking about this because for me is another AWD car. And I was looking for a 4x4 vehicle like my LR3 SE that I had. That one had 2 speed transfer case and rear lock differencial. My question to you, guys, does anyone know about the performance of the single speed transfer? Is this another AWD or is a real 4x4?
Go to this post:
http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/hd-pack-after-sale-installation.28648/page-6#post-173182

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The single speed in that year has no locking center differential nor a low gear, so it's technically AWD. But don't discount it, it's very capable off-road, much more so than any other vehicle in its class with a single speed. All depends on what you plan to do with it and your skill level.

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
I used to drive a 2011 Jeep wrangler and likeI daid before an lr3 SE with Hi/low transfer, you know, I feel luke somethingvis missing like incomplete. but I will try to find the way to test it capability and you might have a reason at the end because LR is a king of the off road. I never see a 4x4 with touring tires offroading like LR does.

Isurfvilano, thank you for your input and your knowledge.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to drive a 2011 Jeep wrangler and likeI daid before an lr3 SE with Hi/low transfer, you know, I feel luke somethingvis missing like incomplete. but I will try to find the way to test it capability and you might have a reason at the end because LR is a king of the off road. I never see a 4x4 with touring tires offroading like LR does.

Isurfvilano, thank you for your input and your knowledge.

I also came from a 2011 wrangler and as a daily driver I made a great decision moving to the LR4. If you used low gear a lot in your lr3 then you'll miss it in your LR4, if not then the terrain response system's electronic controls will be sufficient. Also, It appears you created three of these threads, go in and delete the other two if possible. Thanks

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
Definitely. The difference is huge. I get pushed to swith to LR because family won't fit on the Jeep and my wife wants a minivan. But I don't sacrifice my lovely Jeep withba minivan so thats why I elect to have an LR. So here I am. Is been nice talk to you. Thanks for your help, time and advise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM