LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's growing on me. No goofy running boards! I figured all that new technology comes at a price. Although the new Q7 I was considering was also $75K.

Since we have two 2013 LR4's, I'm OK with keeping one and trading the other for a new Discovery.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the brakes specs on the brochure. 14.2" disc diameter front and 13.8" rear... Those are the same dimensions of the LR4 disc brakes (as the vehicle is so much lighter, the brakes probably were left alone in the redesign.) There is some hope we will still be able to fit an aftermarket 18" wheel over those bad boys - as Land Rover once again offers nothing smaller than 19" from the factory.

I just hope they kept the wheel bolt pattern and offset the same as the LR4. I have too many sets of LR4 wheels & tires.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why no Tonga Green?! It's time to bring back that beautiful color.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not impressed. Lower HP / Tq engine than my V8 '13, less turn radius, less departure angles, lower ground clearance, no split tailgate, bigger truck. All of those negatives and you have the pleasure of paying nearly +$15,000 USD more than what my truck cost when new.

NO THANKS!!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hope Toyota can come up with a decent looking interior for the 4runner before My '13 wears out.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the price is great for all it adds. I like the looks and the tech. I would buy one if I were just looking for a big SUV.

However, I think they have lost some of their Discovery heritage in the name of being modern. I like my LR4 and am glad to have purchased one prior to its demise.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not impressed. Lower HP / Tq engine than my V8 '13, less turn radius, less departure angles, lower ground clearance, no split tailgate, bigger truck. All of those negatives and you have the pleasure of paying nearly +$15,000 USD more than what my truck cost when new.

NO THANKS!!

Clearly they have shown that this vehicle has moved toward the masses (upscale masses anyway) and so those are the kind of compromises needed. There will be an SVO version for offroad use and I suspect that will address some of these issues.

And I am sure there will ultimately be an "upscale" Defender to more or less replace today's LR4 and complete the entire LR range from basic Safari runabout to Wall Street Executive luxury cruiser. Time will tell. I think real-world driving impressions will go a long way in determining if this is a winner or not...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NO THANKS!!

Not that you would ever get one of these, much less one without the air suspension. But I'm curious what happens to those ground clearance, angles and wading measurements if you don't pay for the air suspension option. Probably more like "normal" mode. Definitely not what they are claiming in their brochure. So to get what many on this forum like - off road capabilities - you really need to spring for the air suspension, dual transfer case and then replace the wheels/tires. And maybe some more stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72