MAF sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

Hi, I just found this place. I just noticed that my MAF sensor is giving me problems. Any way to clean it, or do you have to buy a new one? I know that they are really sensitive, so what should I do?

G

g ride

I think you just clean it off with some contact cleaner. Like K&N filter cleaner (NOT THE OIL OR YOU ARE IN TROUBLE). Just let it air dry. That should work

R

RadRocker

g ride said:
I think you just clean it off with some contact cleaner. Like K&N filter cleaner (NOT THE OIL OR YOU ARE IN TROUBLE). Just let it air dry. That should work

I'll try that! Thanks . . .

R

RadRocker

I tried cleaning it, but it did not work. The light is still going off. Any other suggestions?

Y

YollyBollyRvr

Is it easy to take off and put back on a new MAF? Newbie here that doesn't want to pay dealer prices.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can help you. It is very easy. If you can find the air intake on the right side of the vehicle, it is located a little ways up from that. It is a rectangular box that is on the round air tube. You will need a flat head screw driver for the upper side for removal. Don't lose the o ring around the tube that goes into the air filter.

If this is confusing, I will post a pic!

D

discomike

Bryce,
I am not sure if cleaning it will help either but if you did, how do you know it didn't work? Did you have your codes cleared, or you feel it didn't work because your check engine light is on?
To know for sure the codes must be cleared with a scanner. I don't think I would waist the money though, cause I believe the sensor is contaminated not only with whatever caused the check engine light to come on in the first place but also because of what you used to try and clean it.
Bite the bullet and start looking for deals.
Mike j.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the part, the cheapest I have found can be found on the parts page at www.landroverworld.org/parts/ just type "MAF" If you can find one cheaper post it!:biggrin:

R

RadRocker

Hey Mike,
I got it clean finally. Took me a couple of tries but I got the codes cleared. Yup! I used the K&N cleaner like adam said and air dried it!

D

discomike

That's great, I didn't think you could clean it.
Very cool,
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72