maintainence - insight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,
I am getting ready to do some upkeep on my 98 stock Disco and thought someone has done this before and could lend some insight.

1-Valve Cover Gaskets - replace or clean? - if replace - LR or aftermarket (which brand) significant price diff?
2-SeaFoam - any particular brand.
3-rear and rear side window seals - replace - anyone done this before - 2-man job - any tricks?
4-idler tensioner pully bearing only replace - any tricks? seems stright forward.
5-thermastat - was going to go with generic stant brand? any thoughts?
6-brake master cylinder - need help on this - - - the brakes preform as normal but I am noticing fluid around the master cylinder - could this be coming from the reservior seal?
- also when bleeding breaks with abs - whats the deal? (some sites say certain vehicles can be done traditionally - is LR one of those?)
7-oil pan cleanout and gasket replace - is there anything else I should do while I have it off? - also the LR gasket is cork, anyone know of an aftermarket gasket? any tricks to getting off?

thanks,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
1 - Replace, but they will leak again in about a month
2 - SeaFoam is the brand name
3 - I just fixed the cracks with black adhesive silicone.
4 - just need a press to get bearing out and in
5 - T-Stat is really up to you, but replace all the hoses while your at it and fluid
6 - normally just a seal
- ABS on a D1 is normal, D2 required extra fun
7 - Clean out the oil pump screen while your there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90