Michelin Syndrome or Michelin Latitude tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
I was told by Costco tireshop that it was recommended that I get the Michelin Latitude 19" tire over the Syncrone because the Latitude has a load range of XL. The Syncrone does not. Is this true?

I've been reading more about the Syncrone tires, however. Everyone seem to like them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a bummer. It looks like Michelin is no longer making the Syncrone in the 19" size. I love these tires. The Latitude in this size is somewhat new. It has a worse traction grade, A instead of AA. The Latitude is not nearly as aggressive, althought the Syncrone is certainly no mud bogger either. At least the Syncrone had some good solid lugs, etc.

(By the way, the Syncrone's in the right size, 19" for the HSE, were XL rated as well.)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both tires are good, and both meet the specs of the car. The factory tire has a load rating of 111V where the 111 is a load, while V is a speed rating. The Synchrone is 111H and the Latitude is 111V. So realistically, they are both applicable. Both are great tires, so you can't really lose either way.
Find more info @ www.tirerack.com for more info than you can shake a stick at.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Recently added 19" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs from tirerack.com. I love them! They have a great tread patten, additional sidewall protection, and are very quiet on the road! Off road use should be acceptable for trail use but not sure for rocks...

I like the fact that their life expectancy is longer than the Scorpion and Latitude tires. They are rated at 111V. First heard about them on the disco.co.uk site. Those guys really like them... Something else to consider too...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone post pictures of the two tread patterns? (synchones vs. latitudes)

I'm happy with the Synchrones and would hate to have to go to anything with a less aggressive pattern. As stated, its already pretty marginal for offroad use but what most of us would have to use (if we don't have a second set of wheels/tires to put on).

Either way, thanks for the info.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the two tread patterns. The first/big one is the Lat and the second one is the Syncrone. The Syncrhone has a great 4x4 sidwall

Attachments

• mi_latitude_tour_hp_ci2_l[1].jpg
    mi_latitude_tour_hp_ci2_l[1].jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 128
  • mi_4x4_synchrone_ci2_s[1].jpg
    mi_4x4_synchrone_ci2_s[1].jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 130

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found two similarly sized photos...

Yup, that is interesting. The Synchrone definitely has a more angled/grippy edge.

Crap...I'll have to look at my tires and decide if it is worth buying a set of Synchones while they are in stock.

Attachments

• mi_latitude_tour_hp_ci2_l[1].jpg
    mi_latitude_tour_hp_ci2_l[1].jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 123
  • synchrome.jpg
    synchrome.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 115

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I"m with you there. . .I only have 20K on mine, but I have a brand new one as a spare. I might just have to buy 3 and store them in the garage until time to put them on. Is this confirmed they're no longer making the 19" synchrone?

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is interesting since the last time I replaced mine, there appear to be more options for the HSE 19" size, including now a true off road option.

Attachments

• gy_wrangler_mtr_ci2_l[1].jpg
    gy_wrangler_mtr_ci2_l[1].jpg
    14 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink