Misfire code (and misfire)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

Lendawg

Everything seemed all better, and lasted through the DMV inspection line, so the pressure is off. No emission codes. This was my third pass through there, and even though the emissions got their blessing, the guy at the end of the line says "You can't have tinted front windows in New Jersey", and failed me. This was my THIRD time through there, and the first mention of the window tint!!!
So I pulled the film off and went back through, and I got my sticker!!!! Hurray!!!
Side note: The MIL came on during that last pass, with the misfire code. Thankfully, it was outside their concern at that point.
I still have a noticeable miss in the engine at idle. I also got a P0304 today, so I may have a valve problem in that cylinder. Yikes.

L

Lendawg

Really, I thought I replied already, ???
Bottom line is she made it through the inspection station without failing.
There were some complications with the tinted side windows, and I am now dealing with the sticky residue with laquer thinner. I was so F*&*&ed up earlier! You really need some good ventilation with that stuff.

DiscoMike, to answer your question...I do still have a misfire, and I occasionally get a code, but it's a lot better. I now have two years to troubleshoot it.

D

discomike

Hang in there.
Can't remember does a 96 have a coil pack or distrributor? Have you checked it?
Let me know how it goes.
Take care,
Mike J.

L

Lendawg

It has a coil pack. No, I did not test it, as I haven't really come across a procedure. That doesn't usually stop me, but I don't know how these coil packs are set up internally. I understand "normal coil", and can check them all day long.

When I posted reply #22 above, I could not see post #21. It must be a cookie/history issue with my laptop. Whatever.

D

discomike

I don't totaly understand coil packs either but what I do know is, they can fail, and do with Rovers. Even if you sre getting what you conside to be a good spark doesn't always mean they are fine. Coil packs fire twice per ****** for better power and emisions.
It would be something to study up on and look at as a possibility.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM