mojave road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "too fast" looks about right to me. The bow wave is not even over the bumper.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...it's not a wave; that's why it's too fast.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It most certainly is, but I know what you're saying, it's not a 'good' wave. :hello:
fair enough.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, no one ever seems to get a photo of me.

:)

My comment above was meant in jest, but it is true that as the photographer, I never seem to end up with any shots of me and my rig...unless I take them myself! So here is my example of the "perfect bow wave" (a bit tongue in cheek here), as seen from my drivers side rocker panel's perspective.

It's actually a good shot. You can tell that the water in front is 12" or so higher across the bow than it is along the sides where the air intake is (you'll have to imagine this is the same condition on the passenger side). You can see that the bow wave is not cavitating (no major bubbles), thus indicating that my speed is not overdriving the wave, and thus keeping water out of the engine bay. The benefit of the bow wave is that the water line is lower along the sides of the vehicle than it is along the front. This reduces the chances of water ingress along door sills, and the air intake as previously mentioned.

498545911_8LEvc-XL.jpg

Last edited:

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
So is anyone here intrested in tagging along...

i am slowly realizing that when most of my buddies say "ya i got a 4x4" what they really mean is that they have a forester or some other subaru. which im sure can make most of the trail but will definitly drown in the water crossing.

i was hoping to make the trip in early october like fri september 30 to monday oct 3
friday night in a hotel that takes dogs, sat and sunday nights on trail. or maybe the next weekend.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Motel 6 just across the river on the 40 (Needles? I can't remember), allows dogs and is super cheap.

jjstahl3

Reaction score
I've never done the trail but would be interested also - keep me in the loop

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
@ wood,

thank you for yet another tip my friend

@ JJ

thinking october. early as possible in october…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink