More on overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Cozmo

I know this topic has been beaten to death already in this forum but now its my turn. My '01 DII is starting its overheating cycle again. It starts to run hot while idling for extended periods, like in while waiting in car pool line. This is usually followed by the A/C fan dying within about a months time. I'm on my fourth one. I'm still under warrenty and will let the dealership fix it. However, with the dealership being an hours drive away it would be helpful to be able to give the techs a direction to go in once they start in on my Rover. So any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Tom

Almost forgot to mention, the radiator is mud free, and does have proper coolant level, and the a/c fan is currently working.

D

discomike

Tom,
Do you have an air bubble trapped in the engine, does your heater blow hot when the engine is overheating??
Are you sure it is not the temp sensor failing? Does the engine compartment actually feel hotter than usual?
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72