Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the truck made it into a bay today... (I dropped it off 2 days ago).

So far it's gotten the software upgrade for the stalling issue. On Monday I think it's going to get a new fuel sender. The guy expects these steps to correct the stall and MPG.

He says I may get it back Tuesday. They put me in an SE. It rides, handles and brakes a bit differently than my HSE...

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's Wednesday and the sender was ok'd today... Is LR service always this slow?

T

tzucc

depends on your dealer I suppose. I just had great service experience with mine on my coolant and radio problem. They had it turned around in 3 hours from dropoff, including a carwash.

C

conerly

I learned back in the seventies, the best way to get great mileage.....lie well!
1220 mi 13.9 best so far. Using my caculator and not the computer on board.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck will be back Friday afternoon.

New seat bottom.
New seat control thingy.
New software.
Two new fuel senders.
No answer for Radio static.
A firm "we hope" that gas milage will improve.
No answer as to why the trip computer can't calculate on the fly.

We'll see how this goes...

T

tzucc

Let us know how it all goes...was your truck in for the stalling problem as well?

What is this about your trip computer?

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 1 stall.

When I drive the trip computer calculates things like MPG or Average MPH. If I drive on the highway at say 65 MPH the AMPH says 65. When I get off the higway and say drive 25MPH it never recalculates without pushing the button to reset it.

Same goes for MPG. If you drive in town and you average 13 (wouldn't that be a dream!) then get on the highway the MPG never moves... push button it jumps to highway readings.

T

tzucc

bizarre... my trip computer seems to function ok, continuously averaging as it goes along. And upon reset via push button, it starts up again after 3 seconds or so.

S

simonharper

sorry to mention this but I get 28-30 MPG (UK) in my TDV6 !

0-60 not as quick as the V8 but mid range punch is very good and hauls the truck along very well and with more than enough pace.

For a diesel its very creamy and even has a great burble ;-)

-s

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac