Mud Flaps - Anybody Happy With Them??? Cool or Uncool..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having couple Discoverys I do get nostalgic looking at the mud flaps..
Would they complement the LR3 ???
How stiff they are???
Do they look cool or girly...
Anybody has a picture with flaps on the car???

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them. They are functional for keeping wheel spray off of the body, esp. in the rear. They are an expendable item off-road. I have torn off my front ones wheeling. So they are not as beefy or as flexible as maybe they should be. I think they protect the paint well enough in everyday driving to have warranted my purchase of a second set. And I can't wait to tear the new ones off! Spring is coming.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto. Here's a pic or two...

Attachments

• LR3 stock.JPG
    LR3 stock.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them and agree with Roverine. When I upgrade to a newer LR3 that will be one of the first things I add, plus they are easy to install.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're pretty toned down. I don't think they look bad; so it's a matter of taste. If you like 'em, get 'em.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't look to bad but I prefer the no mud flap look.
Then again I like my white plastic vinyl taped all over the vehicle
so Im a lilttle different.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Then again I like my white plastic vinyl taped all over the vehicle
so Im a lilttle different"

..plastic vinyl...
that may be what I am looking for..
A few years age when the cars were made of steel there was a guy in Canada making custom fit panel from magnetic sheets, couple of guys had them on their Cherokees during one of the Jeep Jambories I went to... worked out pretty nice ..I was trying to do that for my Disco II ..unlike my Jeep the plastic and aluminium body killed that idea..there was also a spray product thick bees wax like consistency one would spray the car before going off road ..the mud would not stick and the tree branches would not scratch the car that much.. I could not remember where I have seen this product..well
What is the story with the vinyl panels taped on..???????
I do often drive through brush and thicket especially on a hunting/camping trips up north..
I am curious!!!

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 things I dont like to see on a land rover are running board and mud flaps. Since you asked - but its your rig so do what you like.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo