Mud Flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmgeneral

Reaction score
mudflap installation.

Ok, please forgive me for being a *****. I just got my set of mudflaps today. Fronts are easy to install obviously.

What is the deal with the bracket for the rears? For the life of me I cannot figure out where it goes and what it connects to. Funny thing is, I was able to still attach the rears without the brackets an they are on pretty secure.

Can someone please provide me a description or even take a pic of where the bracket goes? The directions are too cryptic

IslandStyle

Reaction score
Can someone please provide me a description or even take a pic of where the bracket goes? The directions are too cryptic

Hope this helps somebody.... The brackets connect to a hole that's adjacent to the heat shield (protecting fender from muffler). Crawl under the rig under the muffler. Picture #3 shows the heatshield (depicted as a checkerbox "thing"). Bend the aluminum heat shield a smidge for clear access to the hole where you install the tab. Since you unscrewed the 2 original screws, there is enough play with the fender pieces to work the bracket into place. Screw the tabless side of the bracket into the new tab (Picture #5). The bracket installs horizontally so the tabbed end is now against the fender where the 3rd hole lines up on the mudflap. Align the flaps to the holes and install. Use the extra screw to punch thru the blue tab, then screw it tight. As a previous poster mentioned, you'll need to use a bit and a wrench to tighten since the tire is too close. Be patient and you'll get it. I thought about yanking the tire (twice), but cooler heads prevailed. I ran out of sunlight tonight, so I'll throw the other one on tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it. As stated, it's best to have a ratchet and bit as even a stubby screwdriver is pushing it when it comes to space. The fronts can be installed basically as fast as you can remove a couple of screws and reinstall them.

The back probably took me 45 minutes because there was what looked to be **** partially covering a hole (it broke loose easily) that obfuscated the bracket installation. Be prepared to lay down under your vehicle unless you have a lift and use a light. Most anyone can do it.

BushRover

Reaction score
Just installed the rear mudflaps and it was more frustrating than anything!!! I took a couple of pics to show where the bracket is suppose to go on the inside near the heat shield and will post as soon as I can. Pretty easy to do but if you have big hands it is tough to squeeze your hand in there and get the screw threaded thru but as the other member said - patience is KEY!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM