Multiple codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudleyp

Reaction score
What is the codes you are getting and what have you done so far?

Ok, Take out LH bank #1 02 sensor and clear the codes. Leave the sensor out start the car and take it arourd the block. (It will be very loud) If the misfire codes doesn't come back on. It is your cat that are cloged up. you will get a code for the 02 sensor because you have it out. I had the same thing and it drove crazy it took me 4months to figure it out. I cut the LH side cat out and put a new one in and the car runs great. Let me know how you make out.

carehta

Reaction score
Tks for asking dude. Gas octane 93 not contaminated. Fuel pump pressurizes the system. Codes P1371 P1373, P1313 and P1314, which does not make sense to me. No coolant on spark plugs. Ignition wires resistance ok. Coil pack 12.7 kohm secondary each coil. Visually I do not see coil 1-6 and 4-7 sparking anything to the wires. Any thoughts?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the codes, 1313 and 1314, your cats are about shot. By the 1371 and 1373 codes, you are getting early ignition coil activation on coils 1 and 3.
I am wondering if your cam sensor is starting to fail sense it is used by the ECU to get track of top dead center and your timing.

carehta

Reaction score
Well, folks, after 2 months stuck in another project, I'm back to my LR D1 which is still in trouble. I've got the codes P1371 P1373, P1313 and P1314 as reported in the thread. Now, read this, tricky enough for myself, maybe and hopefully easy for you, I replaced the coil packs, new spark plugs, new wires and the cylinders 1-6 and 4-7 are still not sparking. It was the same thing with the old coil packs! Would that mean the ECU is defective by not pulsing current for them, or would this be related to the crankshaft position sensor? Or anything else may you come with? Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to test the coil pack?

Sure, with a good scanner you can read the output from each coil, but the coil is not your problem.
I would start with no more parts and look for a vacuum leak anywhere from the air box to the t/body and the entire manifold area.

carehta

Reaction score
Misterious lack of sparks cyl 1-6 & 4-7

Well, folks, after 2 months stuck in another project, I'm back to my LR D1 which is still in trouble. I've got the codes P1371 P1373, P1313 and P1314 as reported in the thread. Now, read this, tricky enough for myself, maybe and hopefully easy for you, I replaced the coil packs, new spark plugs, new wires and the cylinders 1-6 and 4-7 are still not sparking. It was the same thing with the old coil packs! Would that mean the ECU is defective by not pulsing current for them, or would this be related to the crankshaft position sensor? Or anything else may you come with? Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635