mushy brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fxinc

I had the same problem on my 02. I upgraded to drilled and slotted discs and blead the whole system. Much better now.
Note: buy a "one man bleeder" tool (under ten bucks) make bleeding a fast "one man" job!

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I wanna get some drilled brembo rotors when I do my brakes and some decent pads.

garnerdog

Reaction score
To add another voice, this quote is from the Rovers North fall, 2006 News. In "Robison on Rovers", John Robison states: "In my experience, the only explanation for a mushy pedal is improper bleeding procedure. Bleeding a Discovery II takes two people and the Land Rover test system, and it takes the two of them a bit over a half an hour. You need the tester to operate the pump and valves to make sure all the air is purged from the modulator. ....Don't even start this process unless the shop has a tester to run the pump and valves. You could bleed the brakes in the field without one in an emergency, but there is no way to get a really good pedal without cycling the pump and valves. There is no shortcut for this job. You need two people and the Land Rover tester." That seems pretty definitive. I should have posted this quote at the start of the thread, as it was part of what I was referring to. I was hoping that someone had a way to get the brakes up firm without going to Land Rover. I am a couple of hours from the nearest. Does anyone know exactly what this Tester looks like and can someone buy one? I bet it would cost a mint. I have asked at two local shops and they say "sure we have one and we can do it!" but I have a suspicion they are full of it.

Steven Garner

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Rovers North used to have a list of all everyone (dealer or shop) that have a Testbook...

You can buy it from black box in the lite version for around $1200.00 IIRC

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4