My first 500 miles REVIEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first review of the 2008 LR3 HSE.

It's been 500 miles (I got the truck on the 8th) and I truly love the LR3! It's heavy and thus feels very sure footed on slippery roads. I took it with my friend through the White Mountain National Forrest after a heavy snow storm and I didn't even flinch when I came upon several miles of roads that were iced over.

One thing that happened though, as we stopped for a rest, my friend (I cursed and cursed but got over it eventually) got out and hurriedly slammed the door as the seat belt buckle thing got caught between the door jam and DUG into the vinyl (I think it's vinyl) door panel. UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! :mad:

Oh well. S&**T happens. :hmpf: After all, it's not a LAND ROVER if there's no dings, scratches, and leaks. Hehehe.

I called my dealer and he's checking if it'll be covered under warranty. If not, I'll have it fixed and patched when I have my sidesteps installed this week.

Ok, back to my review:

I love how intuitive the controls are. Truly IDIOT proof.

I appreciate the fact, that Land Rover explains most things that can be puzzling to the average person in their user manual. For example, I tried opening the sunroof yesterday, not knowing that there was an inch of ice on the roof! It refused to open. After I cleared the ice, the sunroof didn't work! I read about how you can reset and recalibrate it and VOILA! It started to work again!

THE ONLY THING I WISHED IT HAD...

I wish they had included a HEATED steering wheel. But fortunately (for gloves too), the LR3 heats up the cabin rather quickly (a lot faster than my suburban or prius).

Well, that's it for now!

Vince.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90