My new LR3 (painted plastic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

bizdack said:
Not to start a "car-color-choice" discussion here but I too love cars in white. I initially requested a white LR3 with black interior but that is hard to come by hence I got the Java Black instead.

I am very pleased I went with black (though a pain to maintain compared to white) all the more when I had a white LR3 loaner.

Anyway, back to the topic.. here is a link to a white LR3 that had the plastic moldings, door handles, portion of the side mirros and tailgate handle painted.

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8689

Bizdack,

I would like to see a white w/black interior interesting color combination didn't know it was a choice...

Yeah i had a Java black loner for 2 days it had 25k miles on it and it is a grat color only if you take care of it other wise it looks awful after awhile...

That LR3 in that link is intersting, the paint looks nice but darker still looks better, but it was nice to see only w/ it all painted in a color other than black, thanks...

I never new they made any LR3's without the air suspension system...

MAtt

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a white/black and had to wait almost a month for it.

bizdack

Reaction score
Exactly why I went with Java Black. The wait is just long. On my previous vehicle I had to wait 2.5 months for a white on black vehicle. It's just not common I guess.

Most white exteriors commonly have the beige/tan interiors.

Post pics Echoes :)

P

PaulLR3

I have an Audi allroad and many allroad owners had a body shop paint the bumpers and fender flares to match the vehicle paint color, especially if it was a lighter color paint. My allroad is gray so I like the gray contrast. For the last few years it was an option to order the allroad with factory painted bumpers and fender flares. For the cost of these vehicles, many will prefer the cleaner painted look over the rugged contrast look. (I'm trying to decide between an LR3 and Q7...I love the LR3 but am waiting to test drive the Q7 to see if 50 HP results in a substantial performace difference.)

X

xcursion

It will be a very interesting comparison. Q7 is longer yet I think LR3 make better use of the interior space and much more capable off-road. Thou I can't argue with Q7's interior or its built quality.

M

Matt_Grim2

PaulLR3 said:
I have an Audi allroad and many allroad owners had a body shop paint the bumpers and fender flares to match the vehicle paint color, especially if it was a lighter color paint. My allroad is gray so I like the gray contrast. For the last few years it was an option to order the allroad with factory painted bumpers and fender flares. For the cost of these vehicles, many will prefer the cleaner painted look over the rugged contrast look. (I'm trying to decide between an LR3 and Q7...I love the LR3 but am waiting to test drive the Q7 to see if 50 HP results in a substantial performace difference.)

I agree w/ the painted look over the rugged look, it all really depends on the person and how they are going to use it...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Q7 is in a different class... no off-road capability at all. (No low gears, for example.) I did climb all over it at a show and it is impressive. Probably the best luxury on-road 7 seater. I'm a big fan of Audi interior design and the Q7 is wonderful.

The performance will blow away the LR3... it's lighter, it's aerodynamic and it's engine is more powerful. But it isn't a giant box like my beloved LR3 8)... so the interior is a bit more limiting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM