Nav Disc Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchase

Reaction score
I received a mailer from my local dealer about the Navigation Disk Update. I have a 06 HSE and was wondering if anyone has paid the $200+ for the updated disk and if it is worth it? If so what are the changes besides the road updates? Any better graphics or detail in the maps etc...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've avoided it because I don't want to risk losing the 1791 hack....

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded the DVD last year (began with 2005 HSE with a 2004 OEM disk) and upgraded to the 2010 Navteq disk.

This was priarily because my home address and street were not on prior versions, and I planned to continue to use the LR3 for travel and encounted issues with missing roads on prior long distance trips. The visual changes were very minor. It may have moved a few menu items, but did not add any significant functionality.

As Houm mentioned, you will loose the nav-on-the-go hack capability forever, but I can live without it.

Installation takes 5 minutes.

Last edited:

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could someone explain what the 1791 hack is??? Sounds interesting.

drewman75

Reaction score
RChase, did the mailer mention if it was the 2011-2012 release? The Navteq purchase page still lists 2009-2010, but I have read on some forums where the new one is expected this month.

rchase

Reaction score
On another note I have never been able to get my 1791 hack to work. Basically I get the keypad to show up, press 1-7-9-1 press enter and it just jumps back to the previous screen with the buttons grayed out... Has anyone had this same problem? 2006 HSE LR3.

fadimsa

Reaction score
I upgraded the DVD last year (began with 2005 HSE with a 2004 OEM disk) and upgraded to the 2010 Navteq disk.

This was priarily because my home address and street were not on prior versions, and I planned to continue to use the LR3 for travel and encounted issues with missing roads on prior long distance trips. The visual changes were very minor. It may have moved a few menu items, but did not add any significant functionality.

As Houm mentioned, you will loose the nav-on-the-go hack capability forever, but I can live without it.

Installation takes 5 minutes.

Gentlemen

I live in UAE (Dubai), I have LR3 2009. I cant seem to find an update for my nav system, the dealer says they stopped the DVD in 2010 onward models, can I order a new updated DVD for my area online?. thanks for the help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo