NAV Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

I've had my LR3 since June '05. On two occasions, the NAV display has popped up a message saying "Temperature Error - Shutting Down" and then after about 10 seconds, the navigation and stereo both power off. They seem fine after a re-boot, but this is disconcerting.

The common things regarding these two isntances is:

1. Happened in the same part of town. Certainly not a factor, but funny anyway. ....hmmm, although cell and radio reception SUCKS in that area, so maybe there was some kind of EMI contributing to a temperature sensor's communication to the system...?
2. The outside temp was around 42-25 degrees.
3. The Sun roof was open, but the Climate Control was set to manual...just one "click" for fan speed and the temp set all the way to "hot."

Anyone experience something like this?

I have some theories, but would like to hear from you guys.

...really worried that the "final" time this happens is at 50,001 miles !!

R

roverdawg

Houm,

I recall a thread about this but can't remember where. Try the Uk site. It turned out to be a temp. sensor.

btw not too late to get an extended warranty! Might save some $$$ down the road.

H

Houm_WA

Man, my plan is to get so much shop time logged that it qualifies as a lemon...even if it's trivial stuff...in fact, HOPEFULLY for trivial stuff. Then I can take that approach of "fix it (free) or else!" and hence get good support for the life of the vehicle.

Also, I'm almost certain it is some sort of temp sensor issue. I think it's telling that it happened (both times) when the roof was open and the heater was on....must create some kind of wierd temperature gradient at a location where there is a sensor; the sensor reads this big delta and thinks it's overheating.

It's a strange one, and I'm sure they'll figure it out. ...but in the meantime, more painless shoptime for me on my way to a lifetime warranty !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635