NEED HELP!! Multiple faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronnie Pettis

Reaction score
have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 4LI V8, had it for about a year now but have only been able to drive it for about the first four months. It was running fine one day and then the next day I get in and the engine cranks and starts, but then immediately shuts off. The same time his happened I got the following faults on the dash.

HDC Fault
Transmission Fault
Parking brake fault
special programs unavailable
amber brake light is on
the suspension is all the way lowered and it won't air back up, if and when I get it started the compressor will come on for about 30 seconds then shut off without raising the suspension.

I have an inexpensive OBDII reader that is programmed for a land rover and I am getting the following faults

U2023- transmission receiving a fault from external node
U0102- lost comms with transfer case control module
U0416- Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics module
B1D12- Volumetric alarm
U0412, U0402, U0100, U0401
there is also a code for the Mass air flow sensor I believe it is P0100

I am able to clear the faults but as soon as I get it running all the same codes come back.

I have changed the batter, the brake light switch, checked the brake lights all work fine, checked the wires under the carpet on both driver and passenger side no corrosion or wetness, pulled the transfer case control module- it had some corrosion and one of the pins had broken off- addressed both of those issues. I HAVE NOT changed the MAF yet, however I did get a cleaning spray and used that with little success.

I am thinking about getting a Gap Tool BT reader, with the assumption that I can update and flash all the control modules and maybe get a more detailed description of the faults.

Please anyone give me some advise or a way to move forward.
Thoughts on the GAP Tool BT and what I plan on using it for.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have a GAP yet, but have a $15 bluetooth deal that reads and sends the codes to your phone. In no way does it send or reset anything to the vehicle, however for $15 and $2.99 for inCarDoc I have been able to run down and fix my codes.
My BT is a VeePeek BT and it also sends alot of other info to your phone like fuel trim, O2 readings, etc. that helps me track my CEL's down.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the fault clear after you cycle power and then come back after a few miles of driving?

Chris Moffitt

Reaction score
Before you fire the parts cannon at the 3, check your grounds and for water intrusion. You have multiple module codes. You won’t have a bunch of modules crap out all at once like they all got together in some sort of sinister conspiracy to ruin your day. Also, the Autel MaxiAP200 is a nice tool for around $70. It reads individual modules and performs a lot of calibration/service functions

Chris Moffitt

Reaction score
Also, try swapping out your starter relay in the engine fuse box. There’s a few in there that you can use

Blaine30a

Reaction score
So, I had the same issue. Tracked it down to I believe an intermittent alternator issue.

If you have the capability, while it's giving you the faults, check your ECM voltage to see if it's dropped from the mid 13s

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72