Need new power steering pump for the 4TH TIME!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photodisco

Reaction score
Just had a failure of my power steering box for the 4th time in one year. Luckily it is being done under warranty because the first time it happened it was just befor my extended warranty had finished.
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with these? I have an '02 with 95k on it. It went so long without needing one and now seems to be eating them. I was told by my dealer that the first two replacements were made with aftermarket parts, but I was reassured that the last repair was made with NEW original part.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang... that isn't good... makes me wonder what they are doing... My D1 has 150k on it and still going strong...

Now watch that I have said that.....

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One would have to think am I that unlucky, is the pump working hard because other steering parts are bad or are they putting the wrong fluid or bad batch of transmission or pwr steering fluid in it. I'd be asking to check the steering components out. In addition never hold the steering all the way to the end of travel as stated in owners manual as it's ******* the pump.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It is also ******* the pump to turn the wheel when you are not moving... Never put Power Steering Fluid in a Rover at least not the older ones. it takes transmission fluid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins