New Discovery Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

david_h

Reaction score
If I am not wrong, the Miami International Auto Show takes place between the 7th and 14th of November (two days from today); it is very likely that they will have the Discovery Sport in exhibition; If any of you are around the area you might want to go and check out the car; maybe the 2015 LR4 will be there too; if you go, give us your opinion please.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like it better than the current LR2 but its not for me. I like that the LR4 still has some styling elements that say "truck". You know this won't last and it will soon be like every other another "melted jelly bean" crossover on the roads.

david_h

Reaction score
The LR4 will always stand out from the crowd, it has a style of its own...its not only beautiful, it is also the best modern off road car/truck out there.

david_h

Reaction score
I think pretty soon a section dedicated exclusively to the Discovery Sport should be added to the forum under "Technical Discussions".

Last edited:

david_h

Reaction score
I think pretty soon a section dedicated exclusively to the Discovery Sport should be added to the forum under "Technical Discussions"; there are a few things I would like to ask about the DS and don't want to bother the LR4 community :)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think pretty soon a section dedicated exclusively to the Discovery Sport should be added to the forum under "Technical Discussions"; there are a few things I would like to ask about the DS and don't want to bother the LR4 community :)

I don't think that this is a bother but the Discovery Sport is indeed a replacement for the LR2 which does not have much in common with the LR4.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is priced fairly versus its intended competition of premium CUVs, while offering some unique features and versatility in its class. BMW X3 or MB GLK can quickly climb up above $50K as well when you load them to the gills with options, and neither offer a 5+2 seating option like the Disco Sport.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is priced fairly versus its intended competition of premium CUVs, while offering some unique features and versatility in its class. BMW X3 or MB GLK can quickly climb up above $50K as well when you load them to the gills with options, and neither offer a 5+2 seating option like the Disco Sport.

I agree on the price.i saw a lr2 lux at my local dealer for a lot more than msrp listed on discovery sport. In a sense it is a gas saving, mini lr4. Not something I would have as a primary vehicle, but would get one for my wife to have in the family for short trips instead of adding miles on my lr4. Regardless of the exterior evoquesque, it has more of a utilitarian appeal than the evoque and makes more sense.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72