New Land Rover LR3 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

abhking

New Land Rover LR3 Owner / Question for other LR3 owners

I am an new Rover owner (LR3) I had some initial concerns after reading about the problems with the Discovery. However, since I got my LR3 I must admit I am a happy owner. This is my first SUV and I am delighted. I am not sure if I'll be taking it off-road but I look forward to the snow this winter (Bring it on!!) :).

I have a few questions/concerns:
1. The light in the cargo area does not seem to work. When I open the tailgate the cargo area does not illuminate. I have to turn the lights for the 3rd row on instead. I ask the dealer and they were going to look into this and get back to me. This was a week ago and I haven't heard from them yet. Does anyone have any info on why or how to turn this light on?

2. The fuel tank lid does not lock even when all the doors are locked- I have a BMW and the fuel tank lid locks when the door is lock and open only when the doors are unlock. Thus I thought the LR3 worked the same. Hence, I was suprised to find out it does'nt lock at all.

3. Also, the manual mentioned a CD holder that gors in the top glove compartment (p151). However there isn't one in my suv. Does anyone have it?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simonharper

I think you get the CD holder in the upper glove box if you have the chiller installed in place of the cubby box between the front seats. What I gathered from the manual.

Will check my fuel filler as I'm sure it locks on mine (UK TDV6 Diesel).

Maybe as fuel is sooo cheap in the US there is no need ;-)

M

mwillems

I too have an LR3 (Canada).

- The fuel lock does not lock. Weird. INexplicable. But true.

- The CD holder should be there even if you do not have the cool box - it is in mine, just a slight rubber thingie at the bottom.

- Not sure about tailgate light: will check tonite in my cottage (pitch dark)!

See http://www.mvw.net/lr3/roadtest.php for my 5000km roadtest :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis