New LR3 HSE...so far so good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

rheudabaga

I know a lot of people post here when they have problems.

We picked up our LR3 HSE, with all the extra goodies, a couple days ago. So far I'm pleasantly surprised. I was pushing for the Audi Q7, but this is for my wife, so I let her make the call.

This vehicle really is a technical wonder. Everything seems to be programmable and adjustable, and so far it all works! Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Haven't been able to get on the throttle yet, but the ride is stable and well-mannered. I've taken it through a few sweepers on interstate exits to get a feel body roll and it's not as bad as I'd expected.

I'll report back as the break-in period winds down. Overall though, I'm liking it and I can't say enough good things about our dealer experience at Orlof Chicago. Good guys there.

J

jackmac

Were you able to get the Rimini red? Also, did you get any accessories?

Enjoy!

R

rheudabaga

Yep, Rimini Red. It's a very nice color. Has a little more orange pop to it, as opposed to the previous red, which skewed towards burgundy.

We didn't get any accessories beyond the luxury package and tow package. I am going to buy a bike rack for the tow hitch. I was going to research the Yakima (have some of their stuff on my other car) or Thule systems. I'm looking for one which has an ariticulating arm to swing off to the side for access to the rear, if you know what I mean.

C

CoreyS

We're at almost 9k miles on our 2006 LR3 HSE, with zero problems.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
27000 miles and counting

Have 27,000 miles in 15 months. Just took it on a major rock climb trail up Gold Mountain Jeep Trail east of Big Bear Lake. Rocky, but the Goodyear Wrangler HP's were troopers with all those miles on them! That vehicle still amazes me, and it is really in its element on rocky trails. Have fun...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9