New Owner, iPod cable/lead questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TC (Houston)

Reaction score
Hi all, great forum here. Yesterday I just purchased my first Land Rover, 2011 RR Sport GT. The dealer told me they did not have the iPhone cable/lead in stock (and also that no dealer in Houston does). Does this cable have to come from Land Rover, or can I buy it from a third party? Thanks in advance!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sadly being a 2011, I doubt anyone on here knows much about them yet. Do you have a pic of the cable or part number?

TC (Houston)

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Joey. No, I don't have part number and the cable is the item I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads up that this maybe isn't the ideal spot to post questions on this model. Cheers! :)

Fuji White GT

Reaction score
Reviving the Thread

Hello everyone, I just bought a 2011 RR Sport GT and had the same question from this earlier thread, regarding the iPod cable connector. I had kept the ipod cables from my last two cars, and have another one for my home theatre system, and none of them appear to work with the RR GT. It looks like it is either another kind or style of cable or perhaps a proprietary Land Rover part. Has anyone drummed up any more information on this part?

Thanks,

Ryan
[email protected]

xtian666

Reaction score
iPod/iPhone cable connector

I just purchased a 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged yesterday so am having lots of fun playing with my new toy.

The dealer threw in the iPod/iPhone cable and I must say I'm VERY dissapointed in the integration.

The good:
1. Charges the iPhone
2. Great audio quality

The VERY bad:
1. It disables the iPhone display, so you are forced to use the vehicles touch screen.
2. The touch screen is very slow to navigate long lists
3. There is no search capability
4. The touch screens UI is very poor, I really hope they can update this with a software update.

I was hoping that I could use the USB connection in order to continue to you the iPhone UI to search and select songs, but the USB port doesn't seem to support the iPod/iPhone :-( Again I hope I'm wrong and if not I hope they can do a software update to fix these issues.

For such a high quality and expensive vehicle it is so disappointing to see such a poor infotainment stack.

westport-rover

Reaction score
Got my cable today

Very disappointed with the interface as well… Who else is shocked that accessory is not optimized for an iPhone 4??

newrover123

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged yesterday so am having lots of fun playing with my new toy.

The dealer threw in the iPod/iPhone cable and I must say I'm VERY dissapointed in the integration.

The good:
1. Charges the iPhone
2. Great audio quality

The VERY bad:
1. It disables the iPhone display, so you are forced to use the vehicles touch screen.
2. The touch screen is very slow to navigate long lists
3. There is no search capability
4. The touch screens UI is very poor, I really hope they can update this with a software update.

I was hoping that I could use the USB connection in order to continue to you the iPhone UI to search and select songs, but the USB port doesn't seem to support the iPod/iPhone :-( Again I hope I'm wrong and if not I hope they can do a software update to fix these issues.

For such a high quality and expensive vehicle it is so disappointing to see such a poor infotainment stack.
Just picked up 2011 supercharged sport. Agreed on all points regarding the I phone interface. Horrible horrible horrible...At this price point I am shocked... Great performance vehicle though...

I am not sure that this will be fixed with a software update....

xtian666

Reaction score
From my research it looks like this is a poor implementation of the iAP, the Apple Accessory Protocol that auto manufactures use. If this is the case then a software update could fix the disabling of the UI. I'm a pesimis so I don't hold out hope for any significant software update for the terrible UI in general, they really need to start again with the whole infotainment UI. This along with the heated windshield visibility issue stop me from giving my new vehicle a 10 out of 10 :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM