New Owner, iPod cable/lead questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtian666

Reaction score
My dealer included the cable on my new 2011 RR Sport - not sure if it comes with the car or the dealer just threw it in for me.

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
The plug on the cable is specific to the Rover. The best way I have found is to connect my iPod to this cable to get the music, etc. in the vehicle & keep my cell phone connected through bluetooth which allows MUCH more flexibility & MANY more distractions while driving ;0o

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
Something comes free with a new Rover? I can't imagine what that would be?

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
I am sure by now, you have discovered the cable you are wanting is only from Land Rover..The only real way to USE your iPhone is NOT by plugging it into this connection. It's only for music & the thing to plug into it is your iPod.

blkout83

Reaction score
Guys I just got my RR Sport 2011 and they did not throw in the cable. I freaked out because on the damn slip it said "Ipod Integration" so I argued that they had to give it to me. They did.

Make sure you get it.

And I hooked it up to my iPhone 4 and my screen still works. Not sure whats going on with yours. My iPhone is the Verizon one if that makes a difference.

Anyways, it is BS that they would expect you to pay for the cable. Stupid. I pretty much freaked out.

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
The phone works but, it's in the center console which isn't very accessible. Also the music has to be selected from the console controller.

bfrank

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy 2012 RR Sport S/C. Ipod integration is not make or brake for me but it is something I like to use often. Has there been any improvement in this area? Can you still control ipod using ipod itself?

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
My 2011 RR has to control the iPod through the radio which is not the best, as you know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM