new, q about off road speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

NHESS81

I just personally feel, that if the driver MANUALLY selects a setting, it doesnt make sense for the truck to decided that MANUALLY selected setting is now invalid. I think if you go fast, perhaps a chime would work-hell, everything else makes a chime in there anyway-but to automatically lower, is just not well thought out. Because that very driver, which had to have the discretion and ability to select off road height, must understand what they are doing, because they knew they had to select it, dont you think that this very driver will understand when they are back on road? I just dont see why Land Rover had to feel that its drivers would be bumbling morons who need 27 safety nets to prevent someone from opening a window, while chaning cds, and entering gps coordinates, and taking something outta the drink holder.....yeah, its exaggerated, but really....come on...you think the truck making decisions that were entered by a human can just be destroyed by a CPU that has no idea if there is a log coming up or not...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like all the safety nets and disclaimers, but, if they feel my truck is at risk to tipping over at full height above a certain speed, I'd rather it lower for me because to be honest, I don't usually remember until the thing beeps at me anyway! If the terrain is such that I can drive fast, I don't need the height anyway.

Maybe I'm one of the morons... :)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck wouldn't tip over if they lifted it a foot. But lawyers and lawsuits rule and we lose. Personally, I would like it to stay high just because it LOOKS better!

A

AZSTALZ

I like the fact that this product utilizes the "full-potential" of our air-suspension and permits us to do so (up to 100KPH, instead of a lousy 50 KPH)! Too bad it's $1585 EUR!!! Ouch........ I'm going to start pressing numbers and buttons until something changes with the off-road height, there must be a 'back-door'.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9