New to LR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brbanks1

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to LR's and would Love to purchase one in the near future. what are some things that I should look for hunting for one? also new vs. used? and how does every one else like their Rover? Would you recommend any other vehicle?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the first thing you have to consider is what do you want to do with your vehicle?
Do you want to take it off road? Do you want to **** it out? Tell us a little about your
lifestyle.

brbanks1

Reaction score
Im a young guy about graduate college, Im more into off roading but really like the luxurious interior of the LR3. I enjoy the out doors and racing motocross! My other ?? is If the location that I am moving to does not have a LR dealership should I let this hinder my decision on getting one?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have a dealership within an hour drive, I wouldn't get one. Maybe you can find a LR garage that is capable of updating software or reading error codes. ?

Don't get me wrong...I love the vehicle, it is not a lemon by any means, and it has never stranded me. But, usually when something goes wrong, no matter how minor, it requires a LR tech to hook up a computer and read the error codes or give me a SW update.

Your mileage may vary...

brbanks1

Reaction score
Yea I think the closet one might be two hours away.. also whats this I hear that LR was sold to Tata motors? I wonder how quality will be effected????????.. Im very excited about soon owning one of these magnificent vehicles!

txAlfa

Reaction score
You are right, LR (and Jaguar, i believe) was sold to the Indian company, Tata. I wouldn't really expect too many changes in terms of LR production, though. They are primarily interested in learning how LRs are produced, so they can make their own quality cars and SUVs. They have a huge rise in their middle class that want these type of vehicles, but their auto manufacturing has been limited to work trucks and very basic cars (think Hyundai when they first came to the states). So instead of their typical cut and streamline production approach, i think they will be more prone to copy and sell. You know, like the last few LR owners.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, the resale is awful on Land Rovers, like all big heavy vehicles. . .but worse. That being the case, you can get fantastic bargins everywhere on LRs. If I did it now, I would not buy mine new again. Rather, I would buy slightly used with extremely low miles. Basically a year old with sub 10K miles would be my target.

brbanks1

Reaction score
I found a local dealer at the location that I would be moving too, and I was also highly considering getting a used vehicle, I just cant see my self forking over 60k. Do these vehicles make good daily drivers? how many of you drive yours daily?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a local dealer at the location that I would be moving too, and I was also highly considering getting a used vehicle, I just cant see my self forking over 60k. Do these vehicles make good daily drivers? how many of you drive yours daily?

Awesome daily drivers - if you're ok with the price of fuel ;) Up in Michigan I've seen 08 dealer demos with 5-10k miles on them listed for 30k.... Might be worth a road trip if you can save some substantial $$$.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo