Newbie needs info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours is the incorrect logic.

My numerators were the same. Denominators were different. You have it backwards, slick. No wonder you can't see it.

BTW, why do you park on the sidewalk?

Point being, regardless of what someone paid for something and whatever percentage a new purchase is of the original purchase, most people care about where their money goes, slick. I might have bought a $60k truck, but because the floor mats I might consider buying are 0.00001% of the overall price, that doesn't mean I'm not going to look for the best product at the best price. We live in a market economy and thankfully so.

And parking on sidewalks is typically what city people have to do when they unload things at their house, to answer your question.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on topic of the forum, I have been doing some research about rubber mat options and was wondering if anyone can provide +/- opinions of the WeatherTech vs OEM mats. I was actually surprised to see that the WeatherTech were very close to the same price as the OEM mats. The WeatherTech look like they offer possibly better protection against water/snow melt to the underlying carpet. What are the benefits to the OEM mats if the WeatherTechs are digitally measured and fit as well as claimed? Any thoughts are appreciated. Are there any other brands that should be considered aside from OEM and WeatherTech?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on topic of the forum, I have been doing some research about rubber mat options and was wondering if anyone can provide +/- opinions of the WeatherTech vs OEM mats. I was actually surprised to see that the WeatherTech were very close to the same price as the OEM mats. The WeatherTech look like they offer possibly better protection against water/snow melt to the underlying carpet. What are the benefits to the OEM mats if the WeatherTechs are digitally measured and fit as well as claimed? Any thoughts are appreciated. Are there any other brands that should be considered aside from OEM and WeatherTech?

check the gallery. someone posted the exact comparison you are asking for.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ycharlie.

He is right, for anyone interested in a photo comparison the gallery has side by side pics of OEM vs WeatherTech. From the pictures, I'd say the WeatherTech actually offers better protection. I know in this thread someone talked about the WeatherTechs fitting like a glove. Does anyone have anything negative to say about them, or alternatively a reason why the OEMs are actually better?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ycharlie.

He is right, for anyone interested in a photo comparison the gallery has side by side pics of OEM vs WeatherTech. From the pictures, I'd say the WeatherTech actually offers better protection. I know in this thread someone talked about the WeatherTechs fitting like a glove. Does anyone have anything negative to say about them, or alternatively a reason why the OEMs are actually better?
Hi Hoyas06,

I have the OEM rubber mats (front and back) and they work great. With that said though, I have looked at another LR4 that had the WeatherTech mats and I really liked them a lot. They fit really well - if not better than the OEM mats, but I remember them being a lot less heavy. Still though, they are heavy duty mats. I can't say the OEMs are better, as I think either one would be a great choice. To be honest, I actually liked the WeatherTech ones a little better in the front, but I like the OEM mats MUCH BETTER for the back seat - they definitely cover more area.

Keep us posted!

-David

Last edited:

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Hi Hoyas06,

I have the OEM rubber mats (front and back) and they work great. With that said though, I have looked at another LR4 that had the WeatherTech mats and I really liked them a lot. They fit really well - if not better than the OEM mats, but I remember them being a lot less heavy. Still though, they are heavy duty mats. I can't say the OEMs are better, as I think either one would be a great choice. To be honest, I actually liked the WeatherTech ones a little better in the front, but I like the OEM mats MUCH BETTER for the back seat - they definitely cover more area.

Keep us posted!

-David

That comparison helps, thanks Finlayforprez. Does anyone else have an opinion on the two styles?

Also anyone have an opinion on the short vs full roof rails?

Pick

wolf-otm

Reaction score
Short vs. Long Roof Rail

I have also been thinking about roof rails and I have been going back and forth on the short vs. the long. I would love to hear some opinions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635