No lights on steering wheel and cracked sunroof plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
For the past 3 months, on my 06 hse, I've noticed the illumination on the cruise control and audio buttons go on and off while the headlights are on. I'm thinking their is a wire loose somewhere. Anyone else have this issue?

In early 08, I had the steering wheel replaced because the leather was wearing prematurely and now, i too experience the leather flap over the airbag lifting at the top.

The other thing I noticed recently, the plastic rails attached to the sunroof have small hair-line cracks in them. I noticed this when the roof was completely open and I happened to look up inside to see what the track looks like. I've never had the water clog issue but am very surprised to see these rails with small cracks.. I'll post some images to show what I'm talking about..

any comments or similar experiences.. overall, I love my truck but I guess, these quirks are expected when you own a LR...

thanks.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the steering wheel curl..
I got the hairline cracks..
But sorry, havent experience the light thing...yet..

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
search the cracks on this forum: pictures and insight on repair/not, fix/reappearance exist within the last 6 months or so.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hairline cracks

For the past 3 months, on my 06 hse, I've noticed the illumination on the cruise control and audio buttons go on and off while the headlights are on. I'm thinking their is a wire loose somewhere. Anyone else have this issue?

In early 08, I had the steering wheel replaced because the leather was wearing prematurely and now, i too experience the leather flap over the airbag lifting at the top.

The other thing I noticed recently, the plastic rails attached to the sunroof have small hair-line cracks in them. I noticed this when the roof was completely open and I happened to look up inside to see what the track looks like. I've never had the water clog issue but am very surprised to see these rails with small cracks.. I'll post some images to show what I'm talking about..

any comments or similar experiences.. overall, I love my truck but I guess, these quirks are expected when you own a LR...

thanks.

I am on my third sunroof rail, previous rails replaced for cracks. Last week I found two hairline cracks on each rail. What sucks is that I have an '06 with 37,000 miles. My warranty will be up within a year. My next service is due in 26 days and I will ask if there is a better design.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if these cracks occur during/due to use or if it's just the material and the thermal expansion/contraction cycling...?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right - maybe LR replaced them but there's really no need to in the long run. IF they crack but function for 10 years, who cares?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if these cracks occur during/due to use or if it's just the material and the thermal expansion/contraction cycling...?

I think it is material and thermal expansion I had mone replaces and They are cracked a year later with very LITTLE use. none in winter and not much in the summer. the vehicle is so quiet I hate to open the roof. But I have no AC right now so I am using it a little more frequently. Had the ac charged no good so I may have cracked somthing on the trail.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the issues. Thanks for all of your responses. I'll check for the crack threads too.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont suppose the cracks could cause the sunroof rattle I have? I can't pinpoint the offending part. Totally ruins the quietness of the cabin...

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont suppose the cracks could cause the sunroof rattle I have? I can't pinpoint the offending part. Totally ruins the quietness of the cabin...

Check the sunscreen to be sure it is in its track. Sometimes it gets out of whack and rattles like crazy.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72