No lights on steering wheel and cracked sunroof plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a tolerance for cracks on the rail design, without breaching any structural integrity. If you're noticing large cracks, best to get them replaced, but small hairline cracks may not be an issue, unless you're noticing quite a few of them.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tolerance that is ambiguous doesn't help the common owner much at all. How do we know when it's a problem and when it's not? Regardless, they shouldn't be cracked. Not only does it look bad, but it's a clear result of a poor engineering decision.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what the tolerance specs are, but the arms on several of my previous vehicles also had hairline cracks in them as well, so it's not just a LR issue. Agree, it's frustrating, and usually the dealer will look at them, and let you know if they should be replaced. I haven't had any issues with my dealer, when they replaced mine on the D3. I agree the design is kind of bogus.

AdvRide

Reaction score
I have the same cracks in the plastic soonroof rails.

There is a recall on certain year LR3's for the wiring loom in the steering wheel. Yours may be needing that as the description said something about possible wire termination from the setup not being the proper length from the factory.

jak167

Reaction score
Just an update on the sunroof rail issues. Had the LR3 in for routine oil change & scheduled 24 month maintenance. Brought the cracked sunroof rails to SA's attention. He acknowledged the problem, knew about it, had regularly had other customers come in with the same issues, and warranty repaired it without any issues whatsoever. :biggrin:

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with my service rep about the cracks in the sunroof rails, they stopped replacing them because they are plastic over metal, he said they all crack but wont effect the function. land rover told the dealers to stop replacing them. Everybodys airbag cover lifts up. that they will fix.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM