O2 Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already checked previous posts for info on replacing O2 sensors, but thought I'd ask anyway:

Any suggestions for sources to purchase O2 sensors?

Any suggestions or hints for installing them? (I think they are somewhere on the exhaust system)

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
www.discountroverparts.com Nathan will take care of you.

'96 will have 4 of them.... back two are very easy to see, just crawl under then Disco and you will see them just behind the Cats.

The front two can be a pain in the A** the connectors are on the back of the engine and are not funnest to get to or change.

The connector types are the same, so I recommend changing the rear ones first, unplug them first by looking, then learn to do it one handed with your eyes closed.... then the top ones will be easy.

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey- The link is dead. Do you know if they changed their name or ????

Thanks

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, what about getting O2 sensors from an auto recycler?

I know generally getting electrical parts or brake parts is questionable....

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try www.discountbritishparts.com -- it's the same people.

There are ways to splice in 4-wire O2 sensors, although I think that's had mixed results...was that you, Joey, that tried doing that?

Can you change just the fronts, or just the rears, so it's not such a wallop on the pocketbook?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically the front are the ones that provide info to the ECU.... although the rears do provide info, they just say yes cat is working, or no cat is not working....

I didn't try to splice them, but you will have issues if you do any water crossings or if you don't solder (sp) or heat shrink them very well.

And yes moose I miss typed the url to Nathans site, sorry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo