Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I should be happy that my wife asked me to get her a vehicle that she can drive on the beach, complete with sand covered children and a wet yellow lab. She was even happier when I replaced the worn Scorpion ATRs with a set of Zeon LTZ's. When I asked her if the extra tire noise bothered her, she never even noticed it, but did notice the improved traction off road.

My wife likes her Lexus suv and supports what I do with my rover, but as far as noticing things... Im not sure she'd notice if the engine dropped out of the car. She doesn't pay attention to the details on her car.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2012 LR4 looks more and more like a keeper... Not happy with the direction the LR4 design is going.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife likes her Lexus suv and supports what I do with my rover, but as far as noticing things... Im not sure she'd notice if the engine dropped out of the car. She doesn't pay attention to the details on her car.
Mine grew up on a huge compound/ranch and can likely rebuild an entire engine. HAHA! :)

LR34

Reaction score

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still sicking to my point that LR is miscalculating this one badly by droppin gthe V8 in favor of the SCV6. I mean, heck, I was one of those prospective customers ******** to the dealer about the poor fuel economy on the V8. But I was also emphatic about my desire for the diesel, not a SC, gas V6.

That they did this only for the last two years is weird. At least it makes more sense now that it is all but a given that we are at least two years away from the full redesign (as opposed to 1, which was the working theory several months ago). Makes a lot more sense than doing it for one year and the refresh buys them time in case 2 years turns into 2.5 or 3.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what the bet was, but then I found this from back on June 15th...

Luckily the Internet documents everything for eternity. Less chances of someone reneging on a bet. :bandit:

Don't you guys have jobs / families / better things to do in life than scouring for old and tired automotive threads on the interwebz? :mad:

:biggrin:

I'll pay - as soon as LRNA says the V8 is dead and gone. Don't trust the press.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you guys have jobs / families / better things to do in life than scouring for old and tired automotive threads on the interwebz? :mad:

:biggrin:

What is a JOB, is it like having to work, or something?:eek:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635