Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to throw in another twist, one guy at my dealer said they were going to offer both engines for the LR4, but the S/C V8 as going to be slightly de-tuned compared to the RR and RRS. I'm doubtful, but who knows...

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to throw in another twist, one guy at my dealer said they were going to offer both engines for the LR4, but the S/C V8 as going to be slightly de-tuned compared to the RR and RRS. I'm doubtful, but who knows...

I could see them doing that - offering the SCV8. But not the NA V8.

With the SCV6 at ~336hp, they could offer a de-tuned SCV8 with 450hp and charge and arm and a leg for it.

I personally have no interest in a $75k LR4.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you guys have jobs / families / better things to do in life than scouring for old and tired automotive threads on the interwebz? :mad:

:biggrin:

I'll pay - as soon as LRNA says the V8 is dead and gone. Don't trust the press.

Cheer up, Umbertob.

You have to admit, even just a tiny-****** little bit… that this is somewhat fun.

Nonetheless, I can't see it being more than a few more weeks until LR officially releases specs, so we can reconvene on the settlement then.

And I'm actually going to use the $50 dollars towards a good cause.

LR34

Reaction score
JD Power: "For 2014, the Land Rover LR4 receives a number of updates related to styling, mechanicals, technology, and safety.

In the United States, a 5.0-liter V-8 engine generating 375 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft. of torque continues, now equipped with automatic start/stop technology and a new 8-speed automatic transmission. Both updates help the LR4 better conserve fuel."

http://www.jdpower.com/content/blog...eives-numerous-changes-for-new-model-year.htm

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the United States, a 5.0-liter V-8 engine generating 375 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft. of torque continues, now equipped with automatic start/stop technology and a new 8-speed automatic transmission. Both updates help the LR4 better conserve fuel."

If this is true about the 8 speed transmission with the same NAV8, then I'm not taking delivery of the 2013 I have on order, and opting for a 2014 order.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is true then I'm out of $50 bucks! Ha... But I don't trust JD either. The suspense is killing me!

God what's up with the happy go lucky face on the 14?

Looks like it just got lucky.

Do you guys like the new face and headlights? Not in love with the Discovery badge on the front bonnet. Looks like the LR Land Rover brand is officially sunset. I guess the new strategy is LR Discovery, Defender, and Range Rover. Makes sense for brand cohesiveness I guess. So what's your lifestyle(?) strategy.

That blue looks amazing though.

Last edited:

teryps2

Reaction score
Almost brought a LUX today because of the V8 was going out. Good news to see if the new headlight and V8 stays.

LR34

Reaction score
Do you guys like the new face and headlights?
That blue looks amazing though.

I do not like the new front, especially the recessed surround for the fog lights and smiley grill. I am not a fan of the LED lights on my 2013, but i dislike the LED strip even more.

However, i think i would like the 8 speed. Not sure about the start stop. I have never driven a car with it. I don't know if there is any minor hesitation on acceleration.

The wade sensor would be cool along with the look around corner cameras but i probably would not pay extra for them.

Overall, i think it is a wash for me with the better mechanicals offset by the less attractive front (IMO). But i would have to see it in person to know for sure. But i wont check it out because if i like it i would then begin to hate my 13. And right now i am very a happy with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635